Favorite Quotes

CURRENT FAVORITE QUOTES

"The most fundamental form of human stupidity is forgetting what we were trying to do in the first place"

"Party like its 1929"

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Steady Lads!

        The recent pummelling that precious metals have taken may be my fault, after the price broke back at the beginning of May I thought the correction was over and ran out and bought a bunch of physical. It seemed a deal at $36US an ounce, as usual I missed the mark. Oh well.

        My thoughts are this; I am buying insurance, everybody does. You insure your car, your house, your life; you never want to collect as that would mean that your car/house/life have been destroyed or damaged. I buy PMs as an insurance against economic collapse and, like the other insurances that I buy, I hope to go through life without ever testing to see how well it worked. That said, all other sorts of insurance is a loss while my collection of Silver Eagles can at least be used to teach my grandchildren to count.

    If you are buying PMs to trade you have bigger stones than I and good luck to you. If you are holding physical PMs as insurance this simply represents an opportunity to aquire more. Either way, hang tough (and read the Turd).

No comments:

Post a Comment